Have you Experienced an Unacceptable Level of Health Care as a Consequence of Surgery?
The standard of surgery in Ireland is generally very high and new techniques are being introduced all the time. This brings advantages for both patients and doctors; however sometimes surgery goes wrong resulting in both short and long-term problems. When you go into the operating theatre you place your trust in surgeons who are highly trained specialists. You are entitled to expect an appropriate standard of care and professionalism. When a surgical procedure does not follow the acceptable standard of care, it can lead to mistakes being made, with subsequent injury or loss of life. From listening to our clients, it has been our experience that mistakes are made when operating theatre medical professionals encounter situations where quick decisions are required or they have not given their full care and attention. Consequences have included,
- Incorrect procedures being performed.
- Medical instruments left inside the patient.
- Mishandling of surgical instruments.
- Improper suturing.
- Wrong site surgery.
- Spinal cord injuries due to surgery performed on the wrong spinal disk.
- Injuries caused by hip replacement surgery or hip implant errors.
- Failure to properly set fractures and broken bones.
- Failure to properly read X-rays.
- Anaesthetic complications.
- Post-operative complications.
- Inadequate care for post-surgical infections and other complications.
If you have suffered as a result of a Surgical Error then it is important that you seek legal advice. Please phone us at 01 8744 422 or fill in our online inquiry form and a Client Care Executive will be in contact with you. All of our Client Care Executive’s are non-lawyers with a considerable track record of helping people through the many difficult issues that arise during the processing of a medical negligence claim. They will also organise an appointment with an experienced medical negligence solicitor.