Vacancy: Associate Litigation Health Solicitor
Location: Dublin Office
The Dublin office of Malcomson Law is a busy and growing health care law practice. We are seeking an experienced Litigation Health Lawyer who will work with the Managing Partner. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years High Court post qualification experience, and the ability to work within a team or on their own initiative as required.
All Candidates must:-
- Be able to form strong rapport with both clients and colleagues alike;
- Be a reliable and loyal team player who is willing to go the extra mile;
- Be able to demonstrate a strong flare and passion for the healthcare area of law;
- Have strong IT and litigation knowledge skill sets.
Key Responsibilities will include:-
- Taking instructions from clients and responsibility for providing technical advice to clients;
- Responsibility for the quality of client services by self and by team and support staff;
- Advancing professional negligence claims and setting cases down for hearing;
- Managing “work in progress” and debt in accordance with business standards
- Meeting expected monthly financial and case progression targets.
- Expected to make a constructive contribution to the non – chargeable activities of the team and Firm
- Responsibility for building and maintaining productive working relationships with clients and staff alike
Core Competencies: –
- Must be detail orientated and organised and possess analytical skills
- Must be fair, honest and trustworthy in all dealings
- Must have excellent customer service skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to perform under pressure with minimum supervision
- Must be focused and productive
- An ability to spot , identify and follow through business development opportunities
- Be proactive in ensuring that all financial matters are up to date
Desired skills and experience:-
- Minimum of 5 years Litigation experience, preferably working exclusively in a Personal Injury Practise.
- Must be able to read and understand medical records and medical reports.
- Excellent computer skills to include experience of using a Case Management software programme, Evolve/Documatics would be preferable but not essential.
- Be experienced in delivering financial targets.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that they have experience with dealing with catastrophic Personal Injury cases, Medical Negligence cases or high value Personal Injury cases and who have direct experience of running such cases in the High Court.
This position would ideally suit a Solicitor with the above skills and experience who wish to be part of a growing and innovative practice and who would become a key individual in the Firm’s growth plans.
Salaries negotiable and in line with experience.
Closing Date: 13th of February 2020
Interested Applicants should apply with their CV and cover letter to email@example.com