Accident & Emergency Department Medical Negligence Claims.
Visiting the Accident & Emergency Department can be a stressful and traumatic experience. Whether it’s for yourself or with a friend or loved one, you never planned to be there and you have no choice about the doctor you see. The “Golden Hour” in Accident & Emergency medicine is the critical time window after a serious trauma or injury. Prompt care intervention is vital to ensure survival or avoid permanent injury.
The increasing knowledge and skill of accident & emergency medicine means that it is not unrealistic to expect to receive proper treatment with positive medical outcomes. Sometimes the consequences of failure to provide proper care and treatment have far reaching consequences. The most common reasons for Accident & Emergency Medical Negligence claims are:
- Failure to diagnose and treat a fracture
- Inappropriate or sub-standard treatment of fractures
- Failure to perform and/or correctly interpret diagnostic blood tests
- Failure to order scans or x-rays, and/or wrong interpretation
- Failure to recognise when someone is likely to harm themselves
- Failure to recognise the seriousness of a patient’s condition, resulting in the wrong diagnosis
- Inadequate cleaning, suturing and dressing of wounds
If you feel you have been a victim of medical negligence in an Accident & Emergency Department please phone us at 01 8744 422, fill in our online inquiry form or email us at Help@mlaw.ie and a Client Care Executive will be happy to help you.
All our Client Care Executives are non-lawyers with a considerable track record of helping people through the many difficult issues that arise during the processing of a medical negligence claim. They will also organise an appointment with an experienced medical negligence solicitor.
Please contact us if you feel we may be of assistance to you.