Malcomson Law on LinkedIn   Malcomson Law on Facebook   Malcomson Law on Twitter   Malcomson Law on YouTube   Malcomson Law Blog   Malcomson Law on Google Plus     Contact Malcomson Law


headway logo                                                 Subscribe to our Newsletter




 Charity 2018  

Have You Been the Victim of a Road Traffic Accident?

Have you had a road traffic accident as a driver, passenger or pedestrian and sustained anything from a minor whiplash to a serious brain injury? The extent of your injury could affect you for the rest of your life.


It is often the case, that even the most insignificant road traffic accident can give rise to a complicated and potential long lasting medical condition known as ‘whiplash’. Whiplash affects the muscle tissue and shoulder and neck bones. The problem with a whiplash injury is that it can take weeks and sometimes months for the injury to fully manifest itself. It can be extremely painful, incapacitating and typically arises as a consequence of a motor vehicle been hit from behind.


What should I do after a Road Traffic Accident?

Make sure that no one is injured and if you have any doubts phone for an ambulance. The key priorities after an accident are:


Obtain registration numbers, contact and insurance details ofRoad Traffic Accidents Solicitors

the others involved

Use your mobile phone and take photos of the scene 

Draw a sketch to show the overall context of the accident damage to cars

Take the contact details of witnesses;

Do not admit liability

Do not sign any statements or documents

Make sure your vehicle is safe to drive before leaving the accident scene


What do I do if the other driver has no insurance or flees the scene in his vehicle?

If you have been the victim of a car accident where the other driver was  uninsured or fled the scene, you can make a make a personal injury compensation claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau of Ireland (MIBI). The MIBI was set up for the purpose of compensating victims of road traffic accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified vehicles.  


If you have been involved in a road traffic accident and you have sustained a personal injury please phone us at 01 8744422 or complete our online inquiry form. A client care executive will be in contact with you. All our client care executive’s are non-lawyers with a considerable track record of helping people through the many difficult issues that arise during the processing of a personal injury claim. They will also organise an appointment with an experienced personal injury solicitor.


If you would like to receive and legal updates please subscribe here.subscribe-to-the-Malcomson-Law-Newsleter


What We Do

Solicitors for Medical Negligence

Solicitors for Medical Devices and Consumer Products Recallss

Solicitors for Hep C and HIV Compensation Tribunal

Solicitors for Coroners and Inquests

Solicitors for Personal Injury

Solicitors for Workplace Injuries and Illness

Solicitors for Employment Law

Solicitors for Will Disputes and Probate

Commercial and General Litigation

What can we do for you?

Fields marked with red are required